Gordon & Barbara in Paris

Gordon & Barbara in Paris
Here's Looking at YOU

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Guilt Trip


The Guilt Trip—Directed by Anne Fletcher/Starring Barbra Streisand, Seth Rogen/screenplay by Dan Fogelman/rated PG-13/ 95 min

Bifocal Reviews by Ageless1der Barbara Rich & The Other Guy

(B) As a mother of a son, a lot of the relationship in this film hit home.  Barbara is a great talent, though I think little acting was required. I think she pretty much is just like the character she plays. Rogen had some very poignant scenes that worked well.  The combination of comedy and a loving relationship also was a good fit.  I think many mothers will see themselves in this film and laugh or even cry.  Keeping this film brief was well advised. It said all it needed and left the audience amused.  I give The Guilt Trip two binoculars, without any guilt.

(OG) This was cute. I am not a fan of Barbara Streisand’s singing (I know people think I’m crazy, but I’m just being honest here) but I went into the theater with an open mind on the acting. I was pleasantly surprised. Streisand and Rogen worked well together and thankfully the film lasted only an hour and a half. The conversations between son and mother were very real and I liked the relationship that these two characters had with one another. There was no reason to drag out the story and they didn’t; you came for a slightly new twist on the old road trip film, and that was what you got. I give The Guilt Trip two and a half binoculars.

No comments:

Post a Comment