Gordon & Barbara in Paris

Gordon & Barbara in Paris
Here's Looking at YOU

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SALT

SALT: Directed by Phillip Noyce. With Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor PG-13 / 1h:40 m

(B) If there is such a thing as a film with too much action, this is it. I was exhausted after viewing unending armed conflict, car chases, jumping off trucks and planes, that I lost track of the good guys and the bad guys. There was very little dialog except for Russian, which Angelina spoke well. She had what it takes to be an action hero, if that’s what you want in a movie. Jolie survives situations that even Bond couldn’t. It held no great interest for me. I like a solid story with much more dialog and less action. To compare it with Knight and Day, at least that film was comical and amusing. Although I did laugh
when Jolie got beat up and managed to force the door out of a plane in flight, jump out, land in the ocean unharmed and to run through the woods. I mean, come on! Is she bionic? I can’t give more that two binocs and they are for the action stunts.

(G) Note: Ironically, (as Angelina Jolie is definitely a strong attraction for male viewers) I did not get to see this one with Barbara, as I was with two of my grandsons on this particular weekend. My review of Clash of the Titans (2010) will follow in a day or two (I know I'm late, but that's the way it goes). In place of my “focal” on Angelina’s latest (and to somewhat counterbalance Barbara’s jaded perspective) our neighbor, Joyce Mulligan, who viewed this film with Barbara will contribute her view below. When she sends it, I will post it. Until then, enjoy the trailer...
(J) Here goes the guest focal...I probably have nothing more to say than what Barbara does. Great action-packed movie, fun for the gals & easy on the eyes for the guys. She was superwoman, James Bond & Cleopatra all wrapped in one. Probably rated 3+.

No comments:

Post a Comment