Gordon & Barbara in Paris

Gordon & Barbara in Paris
Here's Looking at YOU

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Finally! The 60th Birthday Review--Taoramina, Sicily


As I write this I am sitting on a ship in the Ionian sea. Barbara took me to Italy for my 60th birthday and I've been keeping a video and written journal. I'm on our balcony, looking at Taormina (Sicily). I can't imagine it getting any better than this! This may be a repeat, but I have trouble with Facebook from the ship. As for the experience? Well, this is probably one of those cases that, short of a hot stick in the eyes, I would have been happy with ANY result. But, I have to say I just LOVED the whole idea of it. As you'll see from the Bifocal Review podcast below, Taoramina is a beautiful and wondrous place. The weather was fantastic (and we had several days of rain, as you may have noted in previous entries). It was literally a lifelong dream come true for me. I never thought I would actually be able to go to Sicily. Even when Barbara told me that we were going to Italy, I thought it would be the usual (short stop) locales. She managed to put together a cruise itinerary (with a little leniency from my employers and a great cruise schedule from Oceania Cruises)that not only allowed me to see most of the best stops in Italy, but to be in Sicily ON MY BIRTHDAY. That was truly amazing. Anyway, take a look at the clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment